News from Hulu and Warner Bros. Television…
Oscar®-nominated actor James Franco (127 Hours) has been set to star in the upcoming Hulu Original series 11/22/63, from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions, acclaimed author Stephen King, executive producer/writer Bridget Carpenter and Warner Bros. Television.
- Based upon the best-selling 2011 novel written by King and published by Scribner, 11/22/63 is a thriller in which high school English teacher Jake Epping travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. But his mission is threatened by Lee Harvey Oswald, his falling in love and the past itself … which doesn’t want to be changed.
- Franco, who is also a producer, will play the lead role of Epping in the nine-hour event series.
- JAMES FRANCO is an actor, director, screenwriter, producer, teacher and author. He began his career on FREAKS AND GEEKS and received a Golden Globe Award for his performance in the biographical film JAMES DEAN.
- Notable film credits include OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL, SPRING BREAKERS, the role of Harry Osborn in the SPIDER-MAN trilogy, MILK and 127 HOURS, for which he received Academy Award®, SAG and Golden Globe nominations for Best Actor.
- He has directed, written and produced several features and has been published several times in magazines and through his own books. He is currently teaching college courses at UCLA, USC and CAL ARTS and acting classes at STUDIO 4, and recently made his Broadway debut in OF MICE & MEN to rave reviews.
- Franco will next be seen in TRUE STORY.
- Link to Hulu blog post from September announcing the series: http://blog.hulu.com/2014/09/22/stephen-kings-best-seller-112263-finds-its-place-in-history-with-direct-to-series-order-from-hulu target=”_blank”/