What has been happening on the floors of the comic conventions is finally getting their due notice. Fans have always taken the love of their fandoms and created individual pieces or styled their everyday fashions with geek elements. Geek fashion has started hitting websites and now runways!
Your very own blog contributor (me) has worked alongside a dedicated group of like-minded geeks to present a week long event centered around styling and fashion. It will all culminate in a fashion show and style faire. Local geeks are invited to attend the fashion show while everyone is invited to join in on the online festivity on http://geekfashionweek.net.
Geek Fashion Show:
Date: March 28,2015
Location: Vanaheim Studios (1310 N. San Fernando Rd)
Time: 6:00 pm- 1 am
Tickets: General Admission: $20, VIP: $50
For more event information and tickets: please check out the facebook page:
Castle Corsetry and Girl with One Eye clothing shall be walking the runway
Not only will there be a fashion show but there will also be a vendor area highlighting local businesses of the geek variety.Check out their links below:
- Botti Vingelo– ear cuff and collar accesories
- 8bit Spock– geeky accesories (i.e. Star Trek, Star Wars)
- Dimensionality–3D printed geeky jewelry
- Mombie Zombie–fandom inspired pendants and jewelry
- Girl With One Eye– asian and retro inspired geekwear
- Absinthe Arts– fairy tale inspired jewelry
- Gold Bubble Clothing– geek-inspired dresses and clothing
This inaugural event will hopefully be the beginning of even bigger things for fashionable geeks out there.
We all want more than geek shirts right?