Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek revealed at D23 2015 that the Disney Parks will be adding new lands and re-imagining familiar attractions. The lands are Pandora—The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Star Wars-themed lands at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando and Disneyland in Anaheim; a new Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios; and a Marvel attraction in Hong Kong Disneyland. In addition, Soarin’ Around the World will make its U.S. debut at Epcot and Disney California Adventure.
Star Wars at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland :
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue Star Tours will be altered to include locations and characters from the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens and a new adventure.
- The Jedi Training Academy will be remade to include new characters and a new villain Star Wars Rebels. to battle.
- Season of the Force – In 2016, Tomorrowland will add a seasonal event (no one has said what season just yet). This will include the chance to explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment and themed food locations. Space Mountain will become Hyperspace Mountain, where riders will join an X-wing Starfighter battle. Meanwhile, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests will close out weekend nights with a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – A look behind the scenes of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, opportunities see both new and familiar Star Wars characters, special merchandise and food offerings.Star Wars Launch Bay will be in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and in Tomorrowland at Disneyland later this year.
Super Hero HQ
Later this year, Super Hero HQ will share space with Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. At Super Hero HQ, guests will have photo opportunities with super heroes like Captain America and Thor. Iron Man Tech presented by Stark Industries will be there as well.
Iron Man Unveiled for Hong Kong Disneyland
Set to open in 2016, Iron Man Experience will be the first Marvel attraction at any Disney park, taking guests on an epic adventure over the streets and in the sky above Hong Kong. The adventure will begin at the new Stark Expo where guests board the Iron Wing to take flight and battle Hydra alongside fan-favorite Avenger, Iron Man.
Toy Story Land
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is adding an 11-acre Toy Story Land, Andy’s back yard as seen by his toys, complete with oversized toys, shovels, and game board pieces.
Additionally, two new attractions will be added to all Disney parks.
- Family-friendly roller coaster – A roller coaster on the back of of Slinky Dog and running through the land.
- Alien saucers attraction –”The famous little green aliens from the movie will take guests around for a spin in their very own flying saucers. The music, lighting and sound effects add to the flurry of action, while “The Claw” looms over.”
- Toy Story Mania! – The familiar Toy Story Midway Games Play Set will be expanded to add a third track.
After Dark at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- “Rivers of Light” – will combine live music, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery on Discovery River.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – will add a new nighttime adventure next spring. Guests will travel through the African savanna amid and discover African wild dogs and hyenas, two new species for the attraction.
Pandora – The World of Avatar
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is adding anew AVATAR-themed land “a world that includes floating mountains, a bioluminescent forest and the winged creatures known as Banshees.”
AVATAR Flight of Passage – in Pandora, allows guests to soar on a Banshee over Pandora.
Soarin’ Around the Worldin Florida and California
Next year, guests at Epcot in Florida and Disney California Adventure in California will journey to far-flung lands and fly above some of the world’s most unique natural landscapes and man-made wonders when the new Soarin’ Around the World makes its U.S. debut.