The Austin Film Festival has found their closing night film in The Program at the the historic Paramount Theater. The Program, from Academy Award nominated director Stephen Frears, is the true story of the huge rise and fall of Lance Armstrong. The Program features Ben Foster, Chris O’Dowd, Guilaume Canet, Dustin Hoffman and Jesse Plemons.
Running from Thursday, October 29 and closes Thursday, November 5th. Confirmed guests recently slated to attend the 2015 Festival & Conference:
– Mary Kay Place (actor Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman) will present AFF’s 2015 “Outstanding Television Writer” award to Norman Lear
– Kristen Connolly (actor House of Cards, Cabin in the Woods) joins the cast for the staged script reading of Rosaline, an unproduced screenplay written by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber (Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars)
– Steve Nicolaides (producer Boyz n the Hood) will present the 2015 “Extraordinary Contribution to Film” award to John Singleton
– Catherine Hardwicke (writer/director Thirteen) will present the marquee selection Miss You Already, and lead a Directors Workshop at AFF’s Screenwriters Conference
– Caroline Thompson (writer Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Secret Garden) will participate as a panelist in the Screenwriters Conference
– James Moll (Foo Fighters: Back and Forth, Running the Sahara, The Last Days) joins the Conference’s Independent Filmmaking Track for a discussion on documentary filmmaking
Austin Film Festival will also present a special Skype conversation with TV Legend Carl Reiner, focusing on his work on The Dick Van Dyke Show, on Saturday, October 31 during the Screenwriters Conference.
The full Film and Conference schedule can be found at www.austinfilmfestival.com.