Fans have a lot to look forward to during the upcoming Long Beach Comic Expo on February 20 and 21. Held at The Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, 200 S Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802, near the Rainbow Lagoon, the expo offers a chance for fans to meet creators in less hectic environment than many shows. The center also has the advantage of being within easy walking distance of a number of hotels and restaurants, as well as a walkway along the ocean–a big plus when you need some quiet for a little while. The Expo will host more than 120 guests and eighty panels in two exhibit halls.
Time and Place
Saturday, February 20 from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sunday, February 21 from 10:00 am – 5:00 PM
The Long Beach Convention Center.
Tickets are available now at: www.longbeachcomicexpo.com.
- Fabian Nicieza, co-creator of Marvel’s DEADPOOL, which premiered in theaters on February 12, 2016;
- Chris Claremont, writer of THE UNCANNY X-MEN, of the most beloved and influential comics series in the history of the medium;
- Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, bestselling co-writers of DC entertainment’s HARLEY QUINN and co-creators of SUPER ZERO from Aftershock Comics
- Jae Lee, Eisner award-winning artist of Marvel’s INHUMANS, FANTASTIC FOUR; 1234, and DC’s BEFORE WATCHMEN, BATMAN/SUPERMAN
- Greg Weisman, acclaimed animation writer and producer of STAR WARS: REBELS; YOUNG JUSTICE, and more. Author of the fan favorite RAIN OF GHOSTS YA novels;
Rachel and Terry Dodson, comic book artists on STAR WARS: PRINCESS LEIA, TEEN TITANS, and HARLEY QUINN;
Click here http://longbeachcomicexpo.com/ for a complete list of guests.
- The return of Space Expo, featuring two days of workshops and panels presented by the Columbia Memorial Space Center.
- Publisher panels featuring writers and artists from DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, and Image.
- #MakeComics workshops where aspiring writers and artists and fans can learn the entire process of making comics from comic book greats all weekend long. Topics include How to Build a Portfolio, Breaking Into Comics, Writing and Marketing.
- The second annual Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity event with renowned reporter (THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) and acclaimed comic book writer (GENIUS) Marc Bernardin who will be the event’s keynote speaker.
- Amazing animation panels: DISNEY AFTERNOON, GARGOYLES,- and YOUNG JUSTICE, featuring major voice actors.
- GeekFest Film Fest films at Long Beach Comic Expo, the only Los Angeles area venue to host the full slate of programming for the world’s 1st traveling film fest of “geek” films.
- Kids programming including How To Draw Comics for Kids.
- A Saturday night Cosplay Contest and Cosplay panels.
Long Beach Comic Expo has two additional discounts to offer attendees this year. Attendees who present their badge at the popular Aquarium of the Pacific will gain admission to the aquarium for only $9.00, discounted from the normal rate of $29.95! This discount is good, both the weekend of the show, as well as the following weekend. LYFT will be the official car service of this year’s show, offering discounted rides to attendees. Details can be found on site at the show.