FSociety is coming to SXSW. From Friday March 11-Monday March 14, 2016 SXSW will feature FSociety headquarters from Mr. Robot, complete with 100-foot Ferris wheel, hacker den and retro arcade. This will take over the full Congress Avenue parking lot and USA will distribute t-shirts, fsociety masks and photo opportunities.
Complete elements of the fsociety Coney Island arcade experience include:
· MR. ROBOT FERRIS WHEEL – A nod to the series’ iconic backdrop, the first of its kind, 100-foot Ferris wheel will stand in the heart of downtown Austin (West 4th Street and Congress). From 11:00am – 10:00pm, fans can board one of the 20-branded gondolas for a full, complimentary 360-degree view of the city.
· HACKER ARCADE – Similar to the underground fsociety lair, the recreated arcade will feature popular retro games for attendees.
· PHOTO BOOTH – To become one of the fsociety hackers, festival-goers can stop by the provocative MR. ROBOT photo booth and share the creed of the 99%. They’ll be immersed in the story and stand alongside the hacktivists behind the masks.
· THEMED GIVEAWAY – In tandem with the 90’s style of the drama series, consumers can visit the screen-printing t-shirt bar and walk away with their own wearable, limited-edition custom MR. ROBOT prints.
· GRAFFITI ART INSTALLATION – Standing 8-feet tall, the freestanding art wall will display MR. ROBOT fsociety wild postings and stencil artwork.
· HACKER LOUNGE – To unwind, fans can relax in the vintage, basement-inspired hacker lounge with monitors playing the series’ pilot episode daily.
On Sunday, March 13 at 12:30pm, Rami Malek and Christian Slater, as well as Sam Esmail, will be doing a one-hour Q&A at the Austin Convention Center to discuss the realistic depictions of tech culture on Mr. Robot and why authenticity matters to a modern audience. It will take place at the Austin Convention Center.