Marvel is setting up to encourage fans for future fields with a series of STEAM Variant covers this fall. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. Marvel is making a big push to encourage readers to look at new career opportunities.
“Our characters have been exciting fans for ages,” says David Gabriel, SVP Sales & Marketing, Marvel Comics. “With our new STEAM Variants, we plan to continue to motivate our fans to explore their passions in the fields of science, technology, engineering, art, and math and present these disciplines through some of our favorite young heroes who are doing just that – following their dreams and preparing for the challenges that await them ahead.”
Here are the covers:
- S (science) – MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #13 by Joyce Chin
- T (technology) – SPIDER-MAN #10 by Pasqual Ferry
- E (engineering)— INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1 by Mike McKone
- A (art) — CHAMPIONS #2 by Pascal Campion
- M (math) – GWENPOOL #8 by Will Sliney
The covers will be available this November at local comic book shops.