Arizona is finding the best of ways to keep their citizens entertained while remaining indoors (I know the world says spring JUST started but it’s in the nineties in Arizona already…deserts). This weekend the Tucson Convention Center will be flocked by Lolitas, Sakizou cosplayers, J-Pop masters and a plethora of anime hungry fans. Why? Well, it’s Con Nichiwa, that’s why!
I haven’t had the privilege of attending this convention so when I received the all clear from it’s owner to visit I was SUPER excited to visit a new city and a new convention. Con Nichiwa is a play on the Japanese word for hello (konnichiwa). Run by Monkey Paw Entertainment, this event promises to be the elite anime convention in the western most portion of Arizona. It starts on Friday, March 24th and runs through Sunday, March 26th. So who is attending Con Nichiwa? Check out this guest list!
- Chii Sakurabi – Chii is a J-Pop singer and recording artist who hails from Tokyo, Japan and is well known for her fantastic “electro-pop” style.
- Vic Mignona – It’s not an anime convention without this infamous voice actor! Vic has voiced characters from titles such as: Macross, Space Dandy, Yuri on Ice and RWBY!
- Fabricator Djinn – Known for his impressive armor fabrications and large costumes, this cosplayer enjoys the little things and is a definite crowd pleaser!
Alright, so they have some GREAT guests but what can YOU do at the convention? Well you could attend the…
- J-Fashion Show on opening night
- Exhibitor Hall open ALL THREE DAYS
- Masquerade running from 7PM-9PM on Saturday night!
OR visit the…
OR watch the…
Whatever you choose to experience at this event just be sure to have fun and taken in the J-Culture you’ll be surrounded by!
For information on tickets please visit: http://www.con-nichiwa.com/memberships/index.html