For the past two years I have attended Game On Expo AZ and the decision was incredibly pleasing. This event is chalk full of gamers, collectors, presenters, game themed music and voice actors from multiple gaming series. You can read our article detailing the adventures of Game On Expo 2016 HERE.
GOEAZ has pulled out all of the stops this year too with a MASSIVE guest list. Here are just a FEW of the spotlight celebrities scheduled to attend…
For a more extensive list of guest please visit the Game On Expo AZ Guest Page (where the above images were obtained) and see what I mean when I say they LITERALLY are pushing the envelope with the level of excitement that can be contained in a single event.
If guests aren’t your cuppa you can always play games ALL DAY LONG. Game On Expo AZ is KNOWN for it’s incredible array of arcade, console, computer and retro gaming equipment. How do they obtain such an amazing volume of gaming property? Simple: they have AWESOME sponsors. Here are some of the sponsors helping make Game On Expo AZ 2017 great this year…
So HOW do you attend this event? For starters, you need to trek to Phoenix, Arizona. Already in AZ? Great! Visit http://gameonexpoaz.com/ and purchase your membership there then wait for the event to start on Friday, August 11th!
NOT from AZ? That’s ok! Game On Expo AZ is located in the heart of downtown phoenix at the Phoenix Convention Center. You can visit their Hotel page and see what options are available for vacationing during this event.
Due to the unfortunate event earlier this year at Phoenix Comicon, the Phoenix Convention Center has changed its policies on what it will and will not allow cosplayers/costumers to bring with regard to props. Here is a quick overview on these policies…
- Firearms of any kind – includes BB-guns, cap guns, paintball/pellet guns, airsoft guns.
- Replica firearms of any kind – includes reproductions of guns, toy guns, blaster, or other weapons that resemble a firearm.
- Chainsaws or other gas powered prop.
- Bladed metal or wooden weapons – includes axes, daggers, hatchets, knives, swords, pocket blades, ninja stars, and shields.
- Explosives and chemical weapons – includes firecrackers and pepper spray.
- Blunt weapons – includes wooden, plastic or metal bats, clubs, brass knuckles, mallets, martial arts weapons, whips, golf clubs, paddles or metal chains.
- Selfie sticks
PERMITTED ITEMS (subject to inspection)
- Plastic, fiberglass, or resin shields (metal shields must demonstrate no sharp edges).
- Lightweight plastic, PVC props and light sabers; must be clearly and visibly a prop.
- Bows that are not strung and incapable of shooting arrows; arrows must remain in the quiver, non-removable and have soft tips.
- Plastic, resin, cardboard or foam, or foam rubber props.
- Staffs made of plastic, resin, cardboard or foam, or foam rubber; must not exceed 6′ in length.
I (Sam, your cosplay savant) will be at this event all three days. You can find out what I am wearing each day by visiting the FGN Facebook page, FGN Instagram and FGN Twitter feeds. We hope to see you there!