On October 27th – 29th the Los Angeles Convention Center will be swarming with all manner of geek, nerd and pop culture enthusiasts seeking entrance to Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comicon! This event, once known as Stan Lee’s Comikaze, is in the heart of L.A., California. Being that it will be only days before Halloween, we at FGN expect an influx of costumed denizens. So what is there to do at this convention? Well, as this is our cosplay savant’s first time she had to do a little digging/research but she found some GREAT stuff.
Stan Lee’s L.A. Comicon (which we’ll dub SLLAC for now) boasts a number of large events. One of these is their Cosplay Championship which has a grand prize of $20,000.00!! Here is a bit about this event…
- It’s held on Saturday of the convention and is hosted on the Main Stage.
- Contestants are broken into several categories: Junior/Youth, Journeyman & Masters.
- Awards are as follows: Best Individual (one in each category), Best group (one in each category) and Grand Prize Winner (with runners up).
There are also championships for Prop Making and Makeup Artists. Information on each of these can be found here…
Not into events? Then you MUST check out SLLAC’s guest list. Here are just a FEW of their Guests of Honor…
SLLAC also has some FANTASTIC cosplay guests in their lineup.
If you’re a gamer then SLLAC has you covered! There are tournaments and free play all weekend long. Here are some of the games on the roster…
- Magic The Gathering
- The RPG Deathtrap Challenge
- New Game Demos
More information will be posted as the programming for this event is released. For more, please visit SLLAC’s PANELS & EVENTS menu.
Have we piqued your interest? Then here is how to attend…
- Visit http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/
- Click on their Menu (located in the upper right corner) and click on BUY TICKETS NOW!
- Complete your order and get ready for an AWESOME convetion!
Since this is hosted in Los Angeles here are a couple suggestions for first time visitors…
- If you have not reserved parking then Uber/Lyft from your hotel. It’s MUCH cheaper, I assure you.
- If you would like to reserve parking, visit THIS site which details nearby garages.
- Make sure you familiarize yourself with the convention’s policies (weapons & harassment).
- If you require accomodations or have special needs be sure to visit THIS page.
For those attending don’t forget that this event has reduced hours (far shorter than any other event we’re familiar with). Hours are…
- Friday = 1 PM – 6 PM
- Saturday = 9:30 AM – 6 PM
- Sunday = 10 AM – 4 PM
We hope to see you there! Fan Girl On!