The X-Files is getting ready to celebrate it’s 25th anniversary. The iconic series is getting the Barbie Doll treatment for Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson). The dolls are available for pre-order on Amazon and Barbie.com for a hefty pricetag of $39.99.
Here’s the description:
Inspired by the hit sci-fi series, this doll assortment includes: Barbie® The X-Files™ Agent Fox Mulder doll, and Barbie® The X-Files™ Agent Dana Scully doll. Each doll wears their signature looks from the ‘90s – dark suits, “FBI” ID and badge. Fans can relive Mulder and Scully’s investigations of unexplained, mind-bending cases with each of the series-influenced Barbie dolls, both arriving with a doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity.
In other words, you’re probably not going to take this Barbie Doll out of the box.
Fox is also planning a “The Truth is Out There Trivia Contest.” On September 10th (the actual anniversary) the contest will officially start at Shop.Fox.com for a chance to receive an exclusive X-Files prize pack and have options to get their questions included in the trivia contest. The participants who answer the most questions correctly before September 17th when the contest ends will be entered to wind a prize pack including the Barbies.
Oh, and there’s more:
For the series’ anniversary, 20th Century Fox Consumer Products has collaborated with other key licensees as well as creating its own exclusive line of merchandise, including a 25th Anniversary glow-in-the-dark tee and poster, an enamel pin, and transforming mug, now available to fans on Shop.Fox.com
- IDW Publishing – Ongoing X-Files publishing partner, IDW Publishing releases a 25th anniversary comic, The X-Files: Case Files. Under this banner, faithful fans will see the release of numerous micro-series, featuring stories that explore X-Files of the past and present by top talent from comics and prose!
- Loot Crate – To celebrate the 25th anniversary of X-Files, Loot Crate, the leading subscription commerce platform for fans, will feature X-Files related items in its September “Invaders” themed Loot Crate, Loot Crate DX, and Loot Wear product lines – including an exclusive “X-Files Dimensional Poster” collectible in Loot Crate DX that commemorates Mulder’s iconic “The Truth is Out There” poster!
- Rizolli – The latest collaboration with Rizolli lets fans revisit Fox Mulder and Dana Scully’s unexplained, mind-bending cases with “The X-Files” 2019 Wall Calendar. Featuring images from their investigations, the calendar showcases the series’ classic storylines, including alien abductions, the threat of the Fiji Mermaid, the New Jersey Devil and more.
- Upper Deck – The new Legendary Encounters: The X-Files Deck Building Game gives fans the chance to investigate the X-Files and work to unravel the greater conspiracy behind them. As Mulder, Scully, Skinner, Doggett or Reyes, players can recruit other agents, uncover evidence and fight enemies to face the final challenge – the conspiracy’s vicious “End Game!”
- Additional must-have items include: The X-Files Origins (Volumes 1 and 2) from Macmillan Publishers, Quirk Books’ The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird, The Coop’s X-Files Case Journal and Evidence Bag Lunch Tote, Hallmark’s Mulder and Scully-inspired plush toys from their itty bittys® line, action figures from Diamond Supply, and coming soon from Rittenhouse Archives, The X-Files Trading Cards.