Call for Submissions
2022’s Outstanding Young Latinx Comics Creators
Open for Submissions: February 2022
Deadline for Submissions: May 1, 2022
- All comic creators submitting their work must be between the ages of 18-30 years old.
- The creators submitting their work must themselves be of Latinx descent. We welcome submissions from creators with all Latinx backgrounds and cultural heritages. This includes creators who self-identify as Latinx or Latine, as well as those who challenge these terms or prefer to self-identify with other community-specific terms. For a creative team submitting their work, at least one of the creators must be of Latinx descent.
- The creators submitting their work must not have previously had a full comic book published. Creators who have self-published or had work published in prior anthologies are welcome to submit their work for consideration, so long as the comic(s) that they are submitting to this anthology are original and unpublished.
- The submitted comics must be original work by the creator and not previously published.
- If accepted to the anthology, the submitted comics may not be republished in another anthology or work for the period of one year following their initial publication in the Outstanding Young Latinx Comic Creators
- The focus of the submitted comics must include a focus on the theme of “”
- The submitted comics may be anywhere from 1-10 pages in length.
- The submitted comics’ content may be submitted in English or Spanish.
- All comic formats are acceptable (e.g., cartoons, strips, etc.); however, the comics must be contained within the following dimensions at the time of submission in order to be considered:
- All artwork must be formatted to fit 6.625″ x 10.25″.
- All pages must accommodate a .125″ bleed all around.
- The submitted comics must be provided in TIFF format. (Please contact [email protected] if you are unable to submit your work in this format.)
By submitting their work to the Outstanding Young Latinx Comic Creators anthology, comic creators understand and acknowledge that:
- There is no submission fee required for submitting your comic book for consideration;
- The submitted work has not been submitted for publication to other venues and – if accepted – may not be republished in another anthology or work for the period of one year following its initial publication in the Outstanding Young Latinx Comic Creators anthology;
- Permission is provided for the submitted work to be published, reproduced, transmitted, displayed publicly, and sold in all forms, including electronic, in all languages and media throughout the world;
- No financial compensation will be provided to creators if their comic is selected for inclusion in the anthology; however, creators will maintain all rights to their work; and
- The anthology will be published through digital media distribution platforms, including Hoopla, Comics Plus, and Kindle Direct.
The Outstanding Young Latinx Comics Creators anthology is welcoming of all individuals and groups, with mindfulness towards making publishing more equitable for folx whose identities reflect disabilities, learning styles, lived experiences, race/ethnicity, age, class, gender, sexual orientation, and country of origin, as well as cultural, political, religious, and other affiliations.
Accommodations are available for any creators requiring assistance with the submission process. Please contact [email protected] for assistance.
The deadline for submission of comics is May 1, 2022.
Questions? Please contact [email protected].